Saturday, October 23, 2010

I'll Carry You and We'll Walk in the Light

It has been the bittersweetest day. All kinds of beauty and a lump in my throat.


THIS SONG pretty much covers it all.



Maybe I miss my Grampy. Maybe I miss my mom, who is only half-here, or my sister, how she used to be. There are so many lovely things laid out before me, so many opportunities, I feel so thankful but also surprised that so few of the people I thought I'd be sharing them with are still near. But then again, these four companions of mine are so delightful, I don't know what I can be sad about.



From upstate at school one friend writes,

Everything is changing while the day sky stays blue.

Changing around him, and me without you.

Waiting for you to arrive,

Where does the time go?

2 comments:

Jamie said...

and another Innocence Mission song:

"Sister Black Sheep
Love is strong
There's a shepherd out in every storm
And He's not afraid of a litle rain--
Why am I?"

Shoeaddict said...

How is your sister? I'm talking about Jill...

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...