Friday, November 19, 2010

Some Pictures

Well, it seems winter has finally caught up with us in Livingston. Have a look from my front porch:

White out!

the snow from my side deck. WOW.


There's no better time to blog the few pictures I have taken this week! On saturday, we deep cleaned all the kids' rooms and moved some furniture around. We moved my old desk from Angie's house into Addie's room so she can do a little more quiet studying (Math is getting a little tricky this year). She was really excited when we finally got it done. So excited, in fact, that she sat down and did homework!


Addie at her desk

Studying away!
Desk

The first homework completed at the new desk!

Addie on her fluffy bed!
(the other kids were asleep by the time we finished this room, so we didn't take pix of their rooms).

***

This morning while he ate his oatmeal, James practiced his letters on Addie's new chalkboard. He was so excited to be able to write his name and his cousin's name!

James Writing from MelinFamily on Vimeo.


On Wednesday we had a belated FHE and put up our Thankful Tree (A golden branch strung with lights and hung with leaves that say what we're thankful for). Sadly, I came home yesterday adn our little tree had shed a whole limb! It looks a little Charlie-Brownish now, but we still love it.

4 comments:

Shoeaddict said...

OH SNOW!!! I'm so jealous. Up for southern houseguests? :)

Jamie said...

Seriously, K, it would be so fun if you guys came all the way up here! Bring it on!

Besides, I recently figured out what's missing from my life lately: I need more gay friends and southern friends up here in the tundra!

Aim said...

Question for you my Jaimers...have you ever turned some of your blog posts into a book? I've been looking at some companies online that do that. Was wondering if you had any you liked to use?

ps- common negative degree weather! die pine beetle!!

Shoeaddict said...

WELL, I'd be happy to help you with half of that but I can't help you with the other half. I AM southern but not gay. And I'd love to come but couldn't until about April and is there even snow then? We are leaving on December 3 to go to GA to visit my husband's (gay-coincedentally) aunt. Then, I'm throwing a baby shower and have a birthday in January. And expecting a niece in late February/early March and going on a cruise then, too.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...