Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Chaos

Here are the actual Christmas pix of our family. I called this post chaos because that's what I see in the pix--my house has been upside down for a week, but I am trying to enjoy the happy-crazy of being home on Christmas break. On to the photos... Addie opening the first gift of Christmas morning...she and Heidi couldn't WAIT to see what Aunt Lisa sent!
(Santa doesn't wrap at our house, so they had already found and played with their Santa gifts--Wii games, dolls, pillow pets, etc.)
This picture is just for Lisa...Heidi opening her beading kit!

James loves this build-a-mighty-machine kit Daddy picked out for him!
Heidi, our animal lover, is thrilled about her new dalmatian furreal puppy.

Grandma Melin made each of the kids one of these adorable frames for their rooms.
James looks excited here, but he'd soon be a little deflated by a new pair of snowpants!

Addie opening her picture from Grandma.
The girls got new dress coats...t
hey look positively Dickensian (1850s London-Chic) in them.

Rich with his new TShirt Quilt
The kids got a telescope from Daddy, but so far its been too overcast to see much.

Rich and I got a pressure cooker from Angie & Davey...
it's FABULOUS!
Here's Addie playing "Babysitting Mama" on the Wii.
Santa wants her to get ready for the new baby!
***
After gifts and cinnamon rolls and playing, we met Gram, Gramp, and Mike at the Community Christmas Dinner. It was delicious and nice to be with our townsfolk on the holiday. We're usually traveling, so it was a nice mellow day!
***
The kids on Boxing Day, on the way to church.

I'm kind of embarassed about how much I like this picture.
My kids are kind of awesome.
***
We had a little "second Christmas" last night (12/28) when we got our gifts from Nana's house
(Matt & Amie went to Utah for Christmas, so mom sent our gifts back up to Helena with them, and Mom & Dad Melin had to go to the VA Hospital in Helena yesterday, so they brought the gifts home for us--thanks to everyone in that chain!!!)
Also, notice we are watching Sixteen Candles on Lifetime. Nice.
Addie
James & Heidi

The kids got together in Heidi's room to play with the cool animals Nana sent...
Thanks, Mom & Mark!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love the red coats -- so elegant! (I'd totally wear them!) And the pic of all the kids in front of the tree. Excellent. I think it's important to take great pics of your kids looking and being the best they can be (if only for a minute or two) and post them everywhere and engrave them into your mind ... and into theirs ... so that you can keep some perspective when they're NOT being they're best, and so they can cultivate the self-image of their excellent potential.

Also, I'm totally amused that there is a Wii controller shaped like a baby. I've never seen the Mama Babysitter game, only games like tennis and bowling ... so I'm imaging swinging the baby doll around like a tennis racket or a bowling ball (which I'm positive is NOT the intention of the game, but is kind of a hilarious mental image).

1D! said...

I love the pictures! looks like they had s great time!

Tell Addie to blog a little bit more.
Thanks for the complament on my song and on everything els, we did do a great job although I have to admit I got a little bit nervous! I hope everybody enjoyed what they got, love ya, Ally

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...