Friday, December 24, 2010

The Night Before Christmas 2010

This morning while Rich was repairing his car, I FINALLY tied his T-Shirt quilt. Back in June I starting stashing away all his old T-shirts and Mom Melin helped me make them into this quilt eventually.There are lots of shirts from BYU-Hawaii and surf shops, 2 from our honeymoon, 2 from our Europe trip, some concert shirts and some Summerfest shirts. A few of his faves were up in the attic (Old concert shirts like Def Leppard and Nirvana, the "These Pretzels are Making me Thirsty" shirt, the George Anderson's Yellowstone Angler shirt that went on everyone's missions...I'm sad I missed them, but there's always another year...)

I also ironed on the kids' school pix from this year and a wedding pic just for fun.


The back is one of those super soft furry blankets from Costco and it's a queen size! It's so warm and snuggly--perfect camping quilt!



Later in the afternoon, we went out to the boathouse at the ranch and made pinecone birdfeeders with Grandma Melin.

While the kids made the feeders, Rich and I talked to the Posties in Australia, who had just finished opening their gifts on Christmas morning down under!

Heidi gave Grandma some stained-glass ornaments we made this morning.

We went out and hung the bird feeders around the ranch.


Birdfeeder on pine tree


James on Daddy

Heidi, Mommy, and Addie walking back to the boathouse


Addie with Elk antlers

Heidi with Elk antlers

***


After the ranch, we all went over to Chico Hot Springs. Everyone went swimming except for me. I stayed in and read and ordered the pizza and salad for dinner!

Heidi swimming


Addie swimming

James with Grandpa and Grandma swimming


Fuzzy Daddy with Addie

Heidi says no to floaties!


James and Daddy enjoying the pool!

***


We came home, opened our new jammies, read the Christmas story, and watched a Finnish movie called "Christmas Story" (we LOVE that movie--add it to you Netflix cue, it's beautiful!). Rich and I just finished our elfing for tonight and we wish you all the merriest Christmas tomorrow (well, it's today in half the country)!!!

Merry Christmas from Montana!

2 comments:

Jill Petersen said...

That's an awesome blanket! I wish I hadn't thrown out so many of Drew's t shirts!

Yep, It's me. I posted on my blog so you can go read about me coming home!!! I love you!

1D! said...

Looks like you got a white Christmas! It snowed and then rained three days before Christmas and turned out with nothing over here!
Ally

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...