Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Recent Photos

UPDATE: After I posted this, James and I went to my 2nd official OB checkup. We heard baby's heart thumping away at 152bpm and everything looks good! We have the big ultrasound on January 4th, so check back to learn the gender! YAY!
Last Saturday, December 4th, I stayed home and did some Christmasing while Rich and his brother Mike took the kids on a cross-country skiing picnic. Gearing up
Skiing in to Pine Creek Campground

Heidi's already tired!
Daddy saves the day!
They made it to the picnic area!

James & Daddy

Uncle Mike pulling all three tired kids

wheeeee!

Uncle Mike makes a great one-horse open sleigh!

Heidi and Addie at the car
We topped off the day with a warm, yummy dinner at Applebee's in Bozeman and a quick trip to the outerwear sale at Kmart for new thinsulate gloves (it only took one ski trip to learn we needed new ones!)
***

Our Christmas Pixies (Secret Santas) brought us a fun book to read for Christmas. When you get to certain pages, you open a gift that goes with the story. The kids were loving it! After our baths on Saturday night, we finished the book (My Master's Touch, the story of Jesus from the perspective of his donkey).
***
Monday, December 13th was St. Lucia Day so we invited the Melin grandparents, Uncle Mike, and the missionaries over for dinner & our little celebration (telling the St. Lucia story then talking about the symbols; reading Mosiah 16:6-9, D&C 11: 28 , John 8:12).
For the first time I baked real Lussekatter, sweet buns made with saffron. They were good, but I think we'll just cheat and add cinnamon next year since the saffron is more expensive than gold!
Here's our little St. Lucia procession...
Addie/Lucy serving lussekatt to Elder Brown

Our St. Lucy

Happy St. Lucia Day, everybody!

2 comments:

Taralyn said...

OK - Can one truely Covet anothers "Person" :) I triple <3 you and your amazing abilities - You spoke once before on your feelings of inadequecy... I don't know about that... You are amazing and I so will try harder to be amazing in my own little humble way...

The Melin Family said...

We made those sweet buns this year and Mark really wanted the saffron but I couldn't bring myself to spend so much on it so we put cinnamon. They were yummy just the same.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...