Sunday, January 30, 2011

Our Arizona Trip

I didn't do a very good job taking photos on my trip to AZ 1/21-1/28, but here's what I got...The kids built this snowman as we were getting ready to leave for the airport. Even though it's snowy, it was a very warm day.
James thought Owen would be excited to see the snowman.

At 5:30 pm, James and I boarded our airplane to fly to AZ. James was super excited!

Ready for take-off!
***
Aunt Lisa picked us up in Mesa and drive us to Grandma's house in Sierra Vista. I am sad that I didn't take any pictures with Lisa or her boys, but we had a super fun time! Love you, Leees!
On Saturday night (Grandma's birthday eve) Sam brought over Grandma's big 80th birthday gift...

...a new hp computer so she can keep up with all her kids and grandkids!
(if you haven't contributed to the gift but want to, I am sure Sam & Gram would appreciate it).

On Sunday we gathered at the Layton's (formerly Aunt Marti's--Aunt Marti & Uncle Ralph are now on a mission in Ukraine and Sam & Kris are taking care of their house) for Grandma's 80th birthday (and Cousin Scott's 23rd and little Travis' 3rd, and in spirit, Cousin Kevin's 33rd).
Uncle Matt & Cousin Jeff S.

Scott giving James a typewriter.

Owen and Uncle Matt Elrey

Owen and James

James and Penelope Mayberry
Cousins Pearl & Elise with the buffet--
soup in bread bowls with green and fruit salads--YUM!
The gang at dinner time

My cute SIL Kristen & Owen
(Kristen is expecting a baby boy 6 days before me!)

Uncle Matt & Aunt Lorelyn

The birthday girl and her oldest son
(Grandma Lyn and Uncle Sam)

Cousin Maren with Cooper and Kristen with Owen

James & Cousin Robby
Penelope & Morgan eyeing the birthday cake
(Penelope aka Peeps belongs to my cousin Dave & Lacy, Morgan belongs to my cousin Maren & Matt Allred)
Sam with the boys' birthday cake--time for singing and wishes!

Scott & Travis after blowing out their candles

Travis opening his cool nerf guns
(James, Travis, Morgan, & Penelope)
***
Later in the week, James and Owen enjoyed some cantaloupe at dinner time

On Thursday--our last day in town--Kristen and Owen came and took us to the park. James took his dinosaurs and made some new friends.

Owen got brave and mastered the slides!

Owen & Kristen on the slides

The fun park by Grandma Lyn's house

After the park, we picked up Grandma and met Lacy and her girls for pizza at Vinny's.
(Lucy, Lacy, Peeps, Gram, and James)
The pizza was so good and we had such a good time with our AZ family! Thanks for the fun visits, Kristen & Lacy!!!
***
On Friday, Sam picked us up at 9:30am and we headed to Mesa to catch our plane. I tried really hard not to cry saying good bye to my Gram! It was fun to visit with Sam on our drive...it's never long enough! Our trip home was smooth and we were so happy to see Rich adn the girls at the airport. We went to dinner at Baja Fresh in Bozeman then came home and I hit the hay before 9pm. I was so dang tired! On Saturday morning, I went to the doctor and found out my sinuses and ears are infected, but the trip was totally worth it! Grammy, I miss you already, but I am so glad you have a new computer on which to keep up with us! HUGS!

3 comments:

Brent said...

Whew! What a trip! Thanks for blogging it cuz. Isn't our Grandma Lyn the cutest? Hope you're feeling well!

Jenn said...

Glad you had a good time!

Lyndi said...

Sorry I missed you Maj, I am having fun as well with no kids to wrangle.
It is strange to be here with =out Dad or Marti. We're working on getting more things put away, the garage is a monumental task! Hoping to get to Tucson to see Matt. Sam and Elaine came on Saturday and took us out to eat at Texas Roadhouse. Sammy and Kris and Owie joined us.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...