Monday, March 14, 2011

Finally

It is really uncomfortable for me to sit these days. Even when I try to do perfect posture, the baby protests like crazy when I am sitting upright, so it's been either stand up, lay down, or float in the tub lately. Sitting at the computer desk is especially tricky, so I haven't been too enthusiastic about blogging--obviously.

Anyway, it's been two weeks since I last blogged and it has been very busy. The first few days after I last blogged (on March 1st), we had parent-teacher conferences and two extra kids staying with us over the weekend of 3/3---3/7. My friend Zanya (another "PTO Mom") went on a trip to Alaska and we kept her 8 yo daughter and 10yo son with us. We had a pretty good time with them, even though I had a sinus -infection-flare-up while they were here. I went to the doc on Friday 3/4 and sure enough, my left sinus & ear were infected again. The doc gave me amoxicillin again, but I only took it two days before my body completely rejected it. Every morning starting Sunday I threw up my pills. On Tuesday, I even tried three times. I finally gave up, but I am feeling better anyway.

On Monday, 3/7, I took James and Addie to the pediatric dentist in Bozeman and we went shopping. Addie had no cavities, James had two. We go back in April for James' fillings and Addie's sealants. On Tuesday, our family worked together to put on the Green Eggs and Ham/ Dr. Seuss Birthday Party for Read Week at the girls' school. It went really well--Albertson's donated 20lbs of sliced hams, Mustang Catering cooked 15 dozen eggs donated by Town & Country Market, McDonald's donated orange drink, and my girls and I made 95 cupcakes. Rich got off early and helped us set up and decorate the gym, and he helped serve the dinner.

Kids eating green eggs and ham

some of the crowd in the gym
heading down the hall to hear Seuss stories read by teachers


"Oh The Places You'll Go" in Mrs. Welch's room

publicity at the school office


directions to stories in the hall


We had a fun time--I love doing a project like that with the whole fam--and I hope all the parents and students enjoyed it, too!

***

I forgot to post these pix Addie took on our way home from Bozeman on 3/7...it was still pretty wintery that day, but it has cleared up a lot in one week!

frosty trees



Two miles from our turn-off to go home

***

On Saturday 3/12, we went out to the ranch to check the progress before heading to a matinee...


the mouth of the valley just south of town ...it was such a nice, spring-ish day!

The parents, Rich & Mike were painting the upstairs taupe & sageMike did a really cool tile design in the kitchen

Addie got to help for a minute, then we headed into town for the matinee. Our local theater plays second-run movies for $1 for the elementary kids, and they have a $1 soda+popcorn deal, too, so it's such a fun, cheap activity! Saturday we went to see...

It was a pretty fun movie. A little silly/crass at moments (as is to be expected in a Jack Black movie), but fun.

If Heidi looks worried here, it's because we were meeting her bff Tova at the movie and Tova was running late (but she & her mom made it and we had a fun time with them).

Addie and James ready for the show to begin. Before we went to the theater we stopped at Town & Country for candies--Heidi got Reese's, Addie got Jolly Rancher sticks, and James got Twizzlers. Woo-hoo!
***
So it has been a busy week of mostly good things, but a sad thing, too. My SIL, Kristen, is due to have a baby boy the same week I am due. On Thursday she had to go to the hospital with a detaching placenta. They got her stabilized and found no fetal distress while monitoring the baby, so she got to come home Sunday. But she is on bed rest for the next 5-6 weeks til the baby is full-term. POBRECITA. I suppose there is a bright side to Sam (my bro, her hubs) job-hunting at present--he is home to help her & help care for Owen. I feel so bad for them because they are two of the best people I know--the type who only deserve a shower of blessings, but their "luck" right now just looks like adversity. There's an old joke I used to say when I was feeling a little "tried": If the Lord chasteneth whom He loveth, then I must be his favorite. I kind of think that might really be what's happening here, but S&K are handling things with their usual faith & grace. WE LOVE YOU, LAYTONS!
But on the bright side...my sister Sara had a little baby boy named Cooper Thomas Hamlin in Michigan on Wednesday, 3/10 while I was at a Young Women meeting. My cousin Dasha (on the Layton side) got married in Thatcher this weekend--CONGRATS to Dasha & Miles--your'e a beautiful couple & we wish you JOY! My brother, Will, and his family are in the USA from Australia, visiting for the next 3 weeks--they surprised my mom Saturday night and I bet that was classic. She prolly cried like a little baby! Also, my Cousin-brother, Brent, came home from a year of military service in Djibouti, to his darling wife & 5-month-old son. We are so happy for their reunion and Brent's safe return! Also, I just found out Brent's brother Scott (who was here for Thanksgiving, you may recall) got engaged to his sweetie this weekend. CONGRATS, SCOTTY! Lots of things are happening while Aunt Marti & Uncle Ralph are serving their mission in Ukraine (Auntie, your letter home today inspired me to blog today--I'm sorry I haven't been a good writer so far!)--we hope it all continues to be GOOD news, "and the days keep rollin' along..."
So, looking forward...there's St. Paddy's fun this week, my girlfriend Jennifer's birthday on Friday, and a baby shower for me on Saturday! Woo-hoo! And there's the better weather and the spring cleaning and then a spring break trip to Utah at the end of the month. Life is good, we are blessed and happy. More soon--sooner than 2 weeks, I promise.

5 comments:

Jill Petersen said...

Thanks for blogging and giving the rundown of it all! I am so thankful Sam and Kristen are holding on to each other and they will get through it. Lots of prayers their way. I love you and I am sorry it sucks you can't sit at the puter like you would want. You have like 55 days left! You're a trooper!

Cannwin said...

What they hey! Did the 'local' theatre get new seats?!

Cannwin said...

Okay... sorry, I didn't click the subscribe to comments button..

Jamie said...

Charity, YES! They remodeled both theatres and they are SOOOO much nicer now. I never used to go because it was just so gnarley in there, but it's nice and fresh and new now, and still half the price of a regular cineplex-type place. YAY!

Jamie said...

MOMMY!I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUTCH!ps.this is me addie your daughter NOT YOU!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...