Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Sunday

We had a lovely Easter despite Grandma Rosalie (aka the Easter Bunny) being in Florida this week. We managed to delight the children without her, and it was was pretty fun, though I am exhausted! (Good thing this is the last major celebration before the baby comes cuz Mama's clockin' out for a while now!) Anyway, here are the pictures. Please forgive the obvious lack of the Easter Sunday church outfits picture. The kids were so excited to hunt eggs with their cousins, they changed before I could get pictures!Addie & Heidi were the first ones up at 6:30 am and they were excited about the Squinkies in their baskets...


Yay, Squinkies! Doncha love Addie's rag rollers?




Girls and Baskets



Heidi got another (mini) Lala Loopsy.



This one is Peanut Bigtop and she comes with an elephant!




Silly girl with silly socks




James woke up after 7am and found his basket.



with an Easter Thomas engine that pulls a Sodor Jelly Bean company car



a carrot full of jelly beans and m-n-ms



We took Addie's rag rollers out and look at her hair!



She loved it!



***



Then we were off to church at 9:45am so the kids could sing some prelude music. Sacrament meeting was nice and I got to teach a Relief Society lesson about Elder Bednar's Oct 2010 conference talk (what it means to actively RECEIVE the Holy Ghost)--good stuff.



After church, Daddy & Uncle Mike hid eggs in our yard and the kids went wild hunting them.




Cousin Dan & Addie



James



More James



Mike & Heidi



Addie, James, and Heidi



Heidi with her booty



The kids divvyed up their eggs to share with cousins Hannah and Rosalie (who were not allowed to come to the egg hunt for some crazy reason).

My cuties out in the sunshine...man, I LOVE my kids!

It was a beautiful day, sunny, warmer than the rest of the week, totally appropriate for Easter and the promise of new life and better days ahead.




In case you missed my post on facebook this week, here is what I posted on Good Friday:


Happy Good Friday! Good Friday always breaks my heart, and that's why I love this message: "No matter how dark your Friday, Sunday will come!" I miss my Grampy so much it hurts sometimes, but this year more than ever I will celebrate Easter and feel the scripture, "O Death, where is thy sting?" Hooray for Sunday.







2 comments:

Shoeaddict said...

I was so hoping you'd show a pic of the "after" hair. It's awesome!!!

Happy Easter! I'm so excited for the baby to be born. ;)

And how's Jill? I pray for her.

Jill Petersen said...

I am so glad you had an awesome Easter my sweet neices and nephew! Aunt Jill Loves you sooooo sooooo Much~

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...