Friday, April 01, 2011

Logan Rendezvous

On Wednesday morning at 4:53am, we drove out of our driveway in Livingston and headed for Logan, Utah to meet up with my mom and cousins and siblings at the Logan Cemetery to celebrate Grandpa's 86th birthday. The drive went well, I felt surprisingly good (considering), and the kids behaved. Sadly, the weather didn't cooperate and the picnic celebration portion of the event was cancelled, so we all drove back to mom's house in Eagle Mountain for dinner and cousin time. Here are some photos Rich took at the cemetery... This is Henry, Cousin Brent's wee man. We were SO excited to finally meet him! James at Grandpa's grave. The ground is still too wet to set the headstone, which was disappointing, but we carried on celebrating.
My mom/Nana brought balloons for everyone to let go (that's my sis Abby with her).
Cousin Brent and my nephew, Jack.
My niece, Maeby, visiting from Australia.
Michael, Amber (Bro & future SIL), niece Ally, Addie, Abby, Isabelle singing Families Can Be Together Forever.
Me, nephew Liam, Cousin Autumn, Baby Henry, and Cousin Brent singing

(Brent is holding his iphone with his parents on skype from Ukraine!!!!)
Nephew Spencer visiting from Australia
Ready for lift-off...
There go the balloons!
My cute brother Sam writing his wishes on a balloon.
Cousin Brent, SIL Audrey, and Bro Willy talking to Aunt Marti & Uncle Ralph in Ukraine over skype.


We had such a fun reunion there, and later visiting at mom's. I hope Grandpa was aware of all the love (I'm sure he was). It's nice to be part of a huge family bound by such a great example of charity. Happy Birthday again, Grampy! We miss you!
(We missed you, too, Gram! It killed me to know that you joined in the fun from Arizona by letting your own balloon go...we love you!)

No comments:

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...