Tuesday, September 06, 2011

I Have a Confession to Make.

I know I'm a litle late to the party, but I am completely obsessed with this song (we don't get radio music here and they didn't play it on any npr shows). I don't just like it. The first time I heard it was like a punch in the stomach and for some reason I felt 14 and totally thrilled like the first time I heard The Jesus and Mary Chain. Then I saw the video and my 14-year-old self freaked out (scruffy surfer boys in So Cal? Yes, please!). So now I sneak a peek at the vid which I DVRed off the VH1 countdown a few wks ago, and I'm uploading the album (SO GOOD) on itunes. I bet it will make me exercise longer! ;) The feeling of this song was JAMChain, but the rest reminds me of Scritti Politti, all dancey and falsetto. Ahhhh, memoreeeez!


Back in the day...

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow...great minds think alike!! This is my current FAV!! My kids think I am nuts as I crank it every time it's playing in the car!!

Jenn said...

Oh and whats a total bummer is they are playin at a local theater right around the corner from my Mom's...oh I would so love to be there!!!

lishajeanne said...

Agreed...with all of it. Love the 14 year old self...so funny!

Abby Scratcher said...

This song is the best! It became my favorite song about 2 months ago and I introduced it to Ally and Belle and now they listen and watch the video all the time!!!

Jill Petersen said...

Oops! Its Jill!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...