Thursday, December 15, 2011

War Is Over

I'll be back with a family update later (so many pix!), but I had to say something about the end of the war. I kinda didn't really believe it or think about it until last night. I was wrapping gifts by treelight, watching The Colbert Report. Stephen's guest was General Ordierno and he first interview question was, "So, is the war in Iraq over?" and the general answered, "Yes!" All of a sudden I got a lump in my throat. Almost my whole married life, all of my kids' lives, we've been fighting there. My brother went. And it's over? It's over. Welcome home, troops, and thank you all--soldiers and families--for your decade of sacrifice. I am in tears, humbled and grateful. And so happy Christmas...

No comments:

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...