Thursday, December 08, 2011

Christmas, Livingston Style

The first weekend of December is always a fun "kick-off" to the hoilday season in Livingston. On Friday night we had the Downtown Stroll and on Saturday we had the Holiday Craft Fair. We had a great time at both events (I was especially glad I got to go since I had to miss both last year since I was neck-deep in morning [all-day] sickness).James with Santa at Truex Furniture

Niles with Santa at Truex
(The girls got their pix taken by teh Chamber Photographer, too, but I snapped the boys with my own camera because I needed to put their pix in a frame at home right away ;) I'll post the girls' when I get them)

We saw this cute Mini with the best name--thought of little Peeps Mayberry



We saw Frosty at the Title Building and our cheeks were all rosy from walking around in the cold.


***




On Saturday, Rich set up a booth to sell his log beds.




Niles was excited to see him! (as always) "Hi, Mini-Me!"




James on daddy's horse.




Santa was right next to Rich's booth, so we gat another picture of James with Santa.




And Niles, too!





Addie got holly face paint





Heidi got a penguin




James got Rudolph




The girls bought these super adorable dolls that come in a bassinet-purse with a blanket and a change of clothes--all crocheted. They are SO CUTE. I thought this one looked like Niles!


Niles thought the dolls were yummy! (caption expecially for Aunt Laura)


By the way, last week at Niles' check up, he weighed 21 pounds and is 27.5" long. Off the 6month charts, my sweet little butterball!

***


We had a lovely weekend except we caught a tummy bug that affected everyone to varying degrees (but nobody barfed more than once). I also hurt my elbow somehow (in my sleep?)-- it hurt Sunday then I couldn't close my hand by Monday. I had the tummy sickness Tuesday (with Heidi), and by Wednesday my arm was 90% better. It still hurts like a sonofagun, but only in one spot and I can use my hand. YAY that. Hopefully that will be the extent of our holiday ailments (knocking on wood). By the way, I was thinking the other day how rarely we get sick anymore. It's really a miracle especially considering my compromised immune system. I give partial credit to using a chlorine sanitizing rinse in the kitchen and bathroom (like you're supposed to do in food service, etc.) and pumping the whole family up with Emergen-C. We are all so much better the past 18 months, and that's where I'm puttting the credit. And also just giving thanks because illness--namely mine--was getting OLD. I am so thankful to be up and around all day with my family. It's such a blessing after several hard years. (more knocking on wood)

***

So this coming weekend is Addie's much-belated birthday party with her friends out at the ranch, followed by the ward christmas breakfast on Saturday morning, then St. Lucy's on Tuesday (Happy Birthday, Sara!) Polar Express PArty on Wednesday (Happy Birthday, Brent & Steven!). All fun things! We will be baking and doing fun things with family and friends for the next week or two and I look forward to it all. Very Merry.

No comments:

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...