Tuesday, March 20, 2012

MiddleMarch

Oh, my--where to start??

My Dad Post just had emergency heart surgery yesterday--SIX bypasses--is that a sextuple bypass? It took a good 7 or 8 hours, but it seems to have gone well. The whole mess started on Thursday , I think , when he had been sick with a bronchitis-like virus for quite a while. He finally went to the doc with trouble breathing and was ambulanced from American Fork to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center with congestive heart failure. An angiogram on Friday afternoon showed six blockages to his heart and surgery was scheduled for Monday. This is all alarming since Dad has seemed to be in good health (although he mostly relies on herbs and hasn't been to the doctor for years--I suppose this could be a good advertisement for integrated medicine--use your herbs, but keep up on your annual physicals!). Everyone is in a little shock, especially his dear mother, my Grandma Sine, but we had a family fast Sunday and I have felt totally at peace ever since. I know Heavenly Father is aware of us and Dad is in HIS hands. My Sis Jill and nephew Jack, Papa Post, brother Matt and nephew Jake at the ranch, 2005 [those boys are 8 now!]


I was playing the piano for singing time in Primary (which is a great gig, if you can get it) and I was just drowned in The Comforter as the junior Primary kids (ages 3-7) sang "Choose the Right" and "I Am a Child of God" with all the joyful noise they could muster. It was AMAZING and I blinked back tears as I played. "Let wisdom mark the way before; in its light, choose the right, and God will bless you evermore" and "Lead me, guide me, walk beside me"--reminded me of THIS: "I will go before your face; I will be on your right hand and your left, and mine angels round about you to bear you up." I knew that those words were true for those precious babies, for me, and for my Dad. It's all good.


***


ANYHOOOO...here's what else we have done this month.


The month began with Dr. Seuss' birthday



Our version of green eggs and ham...Quiche Lorraine!

We read our favorite Seuss books all week...this one is MY favorite!!
"I meant what I said
and I said what I meant
An elephant's faithful,
100 per cent!"

Speaking of elephants, true to her Atkins-diet-since-birth nature, Heidi demanded green eggs and ham with NO CRUST ( aka scrambled eggs) for our Seuss Birthday dinner.


This is blurry evidence that Addie & James also celebrated.



On March 8th, I entered the orders for our PTO spring fundraiser (we sold locally made filled patries called butter braids)--we had a goal of $3K but we made $5K, so we celebrated with a family movie night watching Hugo. The boys tried out the girls old Princess chairs. They loved them, so I think I might re-upholster them with some less froofy fabric. We really loved Hugo, by the way.



March 10th was an exceptionally warm, sunny day, so the kids went to the park with Grandma. Earlier, we had gone thrifting and found this army costume for James. He LOVES it and thinks he looks just like Uncle Mark in Afghanistan ;)


Sans Hat



Heidi spotted a friend--what a fun spring-ish day!

***


Speaking of SPRING, today is the first day, the vernal equinox, the day when things take a turn for the brighter--YAY! Here's how my street looked at 8am (all that foggy looking stuff is snow blowing in the fierce March Winds)--pretty glorious, I say.


My girls made these yesterday...








And so, as is our tradition here at LIaNT, I give you the song of spring. And today it is dedicated to all my sibs who are keeping vigil with Dad, and Dad himself..."and I say, it's all right..."


4 comments:

Geo said...

The smiles returning to the faces...

Jamie said...

Isn't that the best part? It really did make me lol ;)

Alana said...

I haven't kept up on your blog in a while, but I saw today on facebook about your dad. I'm so sorry to hear that he has had troubles. Hopefully he continues to improve! I got that same piano gig in primary. I have to agree its the best job. Many times as I'm playing and listening to those sweet voices I get overwhelmed by the spirit. It is a little hard to play when you can't see the music through the tears though :) Hope all is still well with you and yours. Even though we don't talk much, I never forget you and I love reading your blog/facebook to see what you're up to. You just always amaze me. Keep it up you wonderful woman!
Alana

jillanddrew@hotmail.com said...

Showed this post to Dad. He loved it!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...