Monday, October 01, 2012

September in the Rear-View Mirror

I am completely stunned that it is October 1st. September was a complete blur of back-to-school activities, getting into a groove, house guests, trying (and failing so bad)to keep up with Niles, studying lots of scripture and books, showing the house, and welcoming fall. It flew by so fast, there is a sad lack of photography, but here is what we DO have:

On Friday September 7th, I took James & his friend William on a birthday date to Museum of the Rockies. They wanted to explore the Lewis and Clark Trail first, so here is James on the Lewis & Clark boat at MOR.

William & James on the boat at MOR.

The boys ran ahead of me onthe trai and I found them holding a camp meeting. This is what I told William's mom about it:  "I have to tell you about the really super intense, cute pretending they did on the Lewis and Clark trail at the musem. William conducted a "church meeting" and "Turned the time over to our first officer" (James) for the closing prayer, after his report about "Today's journey" and the dinner they were about to eat. It was a HOOT! I took pix, but I didn't have my camera that makes videos...THAT would have been a good one! Such cute boys. Oh, and everytime they "turned the time over", they would pass eachother on the stairs to the podium and shake hands and slap eachother's backs..."

James the "First Officer" reporting on "today's journey" to an audience of...William.



Two cute dino-lovin' boys!

After the museum, we got happy meals for dinner and new sneakers at Walmart, then came home to play with birthday toys while William's family watched his big brother play football. Such a fun time with my six-year-old!

On September 15-16th, Rich had some old friends come to visit...Dana & Denise Nichols came to town. They stayed with us Saturday night and went to church Sunday morning. Here are Rich, Dana, Shaun Spalding, and Denise. Fun Reunion.

After a doctor's appointment in Bozeman I snapped this photo heading out of town. The canyon was distractingly gorgeous with fall colors, but I was driving so I couldn't take pictures. I love fall so dang much!

Here's a silly pic Heidi took of Addie adn her friend Izzi in the car on 9/22 heading to play at the park and get wilcoxson's ice cream.
***
On Monday, 9/24 I turned 41. It was good. Lots of sweet bday wishes, cards from my kids, flowers from Westenskows, treats from Tyners, Lunch date with hubs while Kim babysat Honeybadger, Dinner with inlaws--grilled chicken and an amazing srawberry-spinach salad from mom Melin, Target gift card from inlaws, David Sedaris tickets from hubs, and around 8pm...a 5-day visit from Gram & Auntie M!

Here we are Monday night with our birthday cake...Happy Birthday to Auntie M & Maj!

On Tuesday night, Rich took us to dinner and swimming at Chico Hot Springs. Even Gram got in and enjoyed the hot water! Niles loved it and everyone slept like rocks that night! YAY! We had a beautiful week together, including a quick trip to Helena to see Lehmans and Postums, and dutch oven dessert at the ranch on Friday. They had to leave super early Saturday morning and I was sad to say goodbye. But I had a really great night watching the Women's Broadcast. So thankful for the good Mormon Women in my life! Here's to another great year of life.

No comments:

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...