Monday, February 20, 2006

Instant Gratification

Ever since we watched Just Like Heaven last week I have been dying to get the soundtrack adn I forgot to look for it while we were in civilization last weekend. And then today I saw that fantastic Dove commercial with the little girls who need to learn to love themselves, with "True Colors" playing in the background, and I remembered how bad I need to download that Cyndi Lauper song. So I logged on to walmart.com's 88-cent downloads and filled up my music basket. Within 10 minutes, I had the Just like Heaven soundtrack and a bunch of singles on my computer, ready to be burned to CD. It's so SATISFYING--sometimes the internet brings me joy. Check out these heart-happy songs I got today for less than $13:

Blame It On The Moon, I Think It's Gonna Rain Today, & Thank You Stars by Katie Melua

True Colors by Cyndi Lauper

I Believe (When I Fall in Love) & You Are the Sunshine of My Life by Stevie Wonder

Just Like Heaven soundtrack:
Just Like Heaven – Katie Melua
Just My Imagination – Pete Yorn
Lust For Life – Kay Hanley
Good Times Roll – The Cars
Ghostbusters – Bowling For Soup
Brass In Pocket – Kelis
I Put A Spell On You – Screamin’ Jay Hawkins
Strange Invitation – Beck
Spooky – Imogen Heap
Jungle Fever – Chakachas
Bad Case Of Lovin’ You – Emerson Hart
Colors – Amos Lee
Just Like Heaven – The Cure
[plus 5 instrumentals]

I highly recommend all of the above. For a real treat, click on the Katie Melua link and go to her media center and watch the video for "Nine Million Bicycles." It is one of the best, sweetest songs I have heard in ages. If I were getting married now, it would be my wedding song.

1 comment:

lacy lee said...

We just watched this the other day and I wanted the soundtrack too. Who knew Walmart.com could bring near as much joy as Walmart the real thing?

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...