Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Check Up


I had my regular OB check up yesterday. All seems to be well, baby's heart beating loudly on the doppler, belly measuring right-on for 18 1/2 weeks (baby is supposedly 10 inches long from head to heel--wow!). My active blood pressure is still totally out of control--they take it once when I walk in and again after I sit there for a while--the first one was 156/100 (!!!!) and the second was 128/80. What the freak! I was told to keep taking my BP at home twice a day and come back to report every two weeks because if it stays above 145 when I am active, they will put me on "rest." Which is so totally practical when I am home alone with two little kids each day. I am praying that it will all balance out SOON!

I also logged the crazy head/body aches/vomiting I have been having every 6-7 days since early March. The doctor looked at the list of symptoms and told me that it looked like my migraines had returned (I haven't really had them much since I was about 24) and that I had been lucky because most migraine sufferers get them way worse during pregnancy. Of course there is no medicine I can take right now besides Tylenol, naps, backrubs, and tub soaks, so I guess I will carry on!

We have our diagnostic ultrasound on Wednesday 4/26, so we should know which kind of baby we are having in a week! We are so excited! I don't know if I blogged it, but a couple of weeks ago, I dreamt that I had my 20-week ultrasound and it was a huge baby boy--so huge that they delivered it by c-section at 21-weeks! Wishful thinking, I know--who wouldn't love a healthy 21-week pregnancy!?

4 comments:

cmhl said...

whoo hoo!!!!!

take it easy (easier said than done!!) so you don't have the BP problems!!

Happy Gilmores said...

Hope the ultrasound experience goes better than the last one! They better treat you right.

Jill Petersen said...

I am so excited to see what you are having. I wish you were having a better pregnancy. Although, thats a hard thing to wish for. At least for us right?! Mine sucked all 4 times. Its unfair that there are people who go all 9 months (10 months really) and don't even feel any different. Can't wait to see you next week!

Geo said...

I'm rooting for you, James. And speaking of babies, why don't you pop on over to my place for . . . erm . . . maybe an announcement, maybe not . . . I won't tell . . . !

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...