Monday, April 24, 2006

More Saturday

I took this picture while taking the girls on a drive Saturday. It's just south of town as you head toward the Pop Stand...that's Livingston Peak.
I took this picture about 2 miles and 5 minutes after that first cloudy one...weird, huh? This is the entrance to Paradise Valley, about 5 miles south of town, just before the East River Road turn off.
After we played at the park, the girls went over to the creek to feed the ducks some bread and popcorn. There were ducks, geese, and swans, but we try to feed the ducks the most because the geese and swans are bullies. Addie liked the swans' black feet.
By the way, it's Monday morning and it's still snowing. I had to go get some milk earlier and I about froze to death--I thought it was warm enough for just a fleece, but no--it's 31 degrees and very windy ("feels like 18"). But it's supposed to be 60 degrees and sunny tomorrow and 75 degrees by Friday. Whatever! Gotta love spring in Montana!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, I have pictures of my kids on that same bench when they were little. Sweet memories.......I guess we are experiencing some of your "special places" and you are experiencing some of ours!!!!!!!!!

Jill Petersen said...

That must be a weird feeling to see other little girls on that same bench when yours are all grown up! That is sweet memories...

cmhl said...

um, excuse me. but you DO know, don't you, that I think you live in the most gorgeous area in the entire united states??? beautiful!!!!!!

Happy Gilmores said...

agree with cmhl.... Hawaii probably comes close.

Jamie said...

I agree, too...I grew up in the Sonoran Desert, which does have its own beauty (blossoming in an El Nino year, sunsets, monsoon storms, etc.), I just never knew that places like Paradise Valley, Montana existed outside of fairytales or the alps! The best thing is that it is pretty green here, but never humid. THAT is the jackpot! Hwere you live is pretty, too, cmhl--just so humid! You should make a goal to "summer" in Montana! ;)

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...