Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Wee One

In case you can't tell, this is our baby's fuzzy profile. We learned may good things from the ultrasound this morning, like:
  • The baby has a big head and brain
  • The baby has a nice spine that is fully connected in all the right places
  • The baby has a 4-chamber heart, two kidneys, a tummy, and a full bladder
  • The baby likes to suck on its hands and kicks like a donkey
  • The baby does indeed have two arms, two legs, and digits
AND...
while no one will say for sure, The baby appears to be a BOY! Yep. So break out the blue, and let's celebrate! I celebrated early by getting a great haircut and highlights last night. Nothing like an evening of beauty and a healthy ultrasound to make a pregnant mommy feel WAY-better!
PS: HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my nephew JACK-A-RACK! He's two today and such a sweet boy--we love you, Jacky! And HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY to my "Other Mom," Ellen Buchert on 4/23, my brother-in-law, Davey, and my brother, Marshall, on 4/24. Addie said, "My two uncles have birthdays today? Awww...I love my uncles, all my uncles...the grown up ones AND my little-kid uncle!" (Marshall turned 7).

7 comments:

Saint of Speed said...

congrats for the baby boy!
You seem to be blogging family :)

Geo said...

WHOOOOOOEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yip! Yip! Yip! Congrats, dearie!!!!!!! Huzzah!!!

Laura said...

It's about time...LOL. I guess if you want, I can bring all the baby boy clothes I have lying around here. WOO HOO I am so happy for you and the fam. Tell Addie I said way to go on knowing before hand about her little brother!

Jill Petersen said...

I was jumping up and down today when you called! Congatulations Baby boy Melin! Your going to a great family!

Jenn said...

Ahhh, the joys of boys! Congrats!

cmhl said...

whooooooooooooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure either would have been fine, but how fun to have at least one of each!!! yay for you!!!

have you thought about names??

what did hte girls say?

don't you love going for those ultrasounds? I always did..

Brooks Brown said...

Congrats Jamie!

I know the best news is that wee melin looks like a healthy hoss.

Addie and Heidi will be great big sisters to this lucky fellah.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...