Sunday, April 09, 2006

Poor Heidi

We are getting excited for Easter and Heidi's birthday around here! I mailed out these invitations last week and got some RSVP's today. Sadly, our little birthday girl had a bad accident today just before church. She burned her left hand on the iron--the heel of her hand is one giant, nasty blister and she won't let us wrap it. She cried and cried--so sad! Rich stayed home with her while I took Addie to sacrament meeting, then we switched off so he could teach Primary. I got Heidi to take some Tylenol and she slept the whole time I was with her, then we switched off again so I could go direct the ward choir. Heidi seems better now, but that nasty blister is going to burst if she doesn't let us wrap it soon and that will be so gross (and painful!).

Speaking of choir (UGH!), about 15 minutes before I left for choir practice, I got a call from the Stake music director. She said she has sent in the music for the conference program on April 29th, and the Stake Presidency got back to her and said they had four DIFFERENT songs they want us to sing, with 20 days' notice! So the three songs we have been practicing for SIX WEEKS are on the back burner, and we have to learn four new ones. It's a little bit annoying, and I have to admit that I'm kinda glad I won't be there that day! We WILL be singing on of the songs we have been practicing, "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" for Easter Sunday at our ward.

I need to go catch a nap and snuggle my poor crippled daughter...Leave a comment! Have a great week!

PS: one of my favorite professors at BYU died this week and my heart feels heavy...he was a wonderful writer, poet, thinker, person...everything sounded better read aloud in his lilting welsh accent...he seemed to know and love everything beautiful and worthwhile...

4 comments:

Jill Petersen said...

I want to cry! Try and put some burn cream on it and try and keep some tylenol or motrin down her and I bet after 2 days she'll feel so much better. I am always so worried thats going to happen to my kids when I have the iron out. Maybe she won't go near it anymore! Give her a big kiss for me and tell her Aunt Jill loves her.

Anonymous said...

Try Aloe Vera straight from the plant. Grandma Layton Put that on my hand when I was burnt while helping her make some jelly.
She put it on my hand that morning and by the end of the day, the blister and pain was gone. I couldn't believe it. and my mom used it all the time for the burned and sores from her being sick all the time. It works wonders. I hope she feels better soon. I know how she feels, give her a BIG HUG and KISS from her Cousin, Kliss

Jamie said...

We got some ointment and aloe vera and a bandage on Heidi's hand shortly after I posted this yesterday, and surprisingly, she has kept the bandage on all night. She is having her Monday date with her Grandma right now, but I think she is on the mend! Thanks, Kliss and Jill for your thoughts (and Uncle Drew, too)--we miss all fo you!

Laura said...

Burns always scare me, I feel so lucky that the boys have never burned themselves real bad, It's me that always gets burned. Everytime I cook or bake something!!! EVERYTIME! I love the new blog. Thank you so much for starting it. How come no comments? Love you. Kiss the girls for me.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...