Monday, August 14, 2006

Sum-Sum-Summertime!

I just got these great photos from my brother and I hope he doesn't mind if I post them on my blog. He took his 5-year-old son, Liam, on his first backpacking trip. The pictures are adorable (and Liam is like the quintessential little boy--like, if I were going to just create myself a son, he'd be just like Liam). Liam Fishing
Liam with his pack on
Liam's Dad, Willy, with a pretty nice lake behind him.

As for us, we spent the weekend mostly indoors working on the house (it was a good weekend to di it, since it rained most of Saturday, thank heaven!). Lucky for me, my dear Husband has caught the nesting bug, too, and he helped me all day Saturday getting things shifted around and organized in our house. It was like a complex puzzle to get the girls moved into the same room, to get their toys and clothes organized, and to pull out all the baby stuff, too. But we did it. Now I just need to do the minute organizing and cleaning.

Rich also built these fantastic canned food racks for our storage room, which hold about 16 cans per slot, and automatically rotate your storage. Right now we have about 20 slots and we have yet to fill all of them. They are space-saving, efficient, and they make food storage (at least the canned part) a no-brainer (perfect for me). After watching all the craziness happen this past year, and considering that the price of just about everything is skyrocketing because of oil, I feel especially glad that we built that little room (and that Rich saved scrapwood from the build to make the racks--if we'd had to buy wood now, it would have been so expensive! I am so glad I married an Ant instead of a Grasshopper).

All of that aside, I am trying to think of a good "last hurrah" for summer for our family. I can't do much with this baby bearing down, but before we know it, leaves will be falling (and, truth be told, auntumn if my favorite and my best!). Maybe floating the river on Labor Day weekend will have to be it. We shall see. Meanwhile, we're living vicariously through Will & Liam's Big Adventure!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Cute photos. And lucky you for a cool storage room and handy racks. I have NO storage here, and let me tell you it sucks! Right everything I canned last weekend is still sitting on the kitchen counters! Argh!
Hey do you know what is happening with CMHL? Does NOT look good. I'm praying for her!

Anonymous said...

Working on the Storage part. But, thank goodness it's getting cooler!! Mesa is WAY to HOT!!!

Jamie said...

I'm not sure what's going on with cmhl, Jenn, but I got an email from her last night saying the crap was about to hit the fan and that she needed our prayers. YIKES! I am kind of worried and sad for her, too. I don't want to lose touch with her--she has become a pretty good e-friend over the past 2+ years! But I am thinking the marriage might just be done. So SAD. Did you know that hwmnbn is an inactive LDS guy from Idaho? Even more SAD.

PS, we should get together because I have the storage room and no storage skills while you've got the skills and no room. Seriously, I just can't get into the canning and I forget how to do it every year. OUr transparent apples should be ready a the ranch. Maybe you can come over and teach me to can applesauce! I SUCK! ;)

cmhl said...

awwww, he is a cutie!

Brooks Brown said...

didn't know that about cmhl -- scary and sad, but not a total surprise.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...