Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Whiny Wednesday

I can only walk if I keep my knees together. My left leg feels like it's gonna fall off everytime I take a step because I think there is a little head or shoulder burrowing into its nerve in my hip. Eating is (again) a chore, and don't get me started on cooking. Oh the heartburn and the rumbly digestion! So goes the end of a pregnancy.

But I am fine. My mother-in-law/Fairy Godmother came over this morning to help get the girls dressed and she even cleaned 500-sf of wood floors! That was sooo nice. Sadly, the pleasure was spoiled when Grandma left and Heidi dumped significant amounts of dark ("Mocha") nail polish on our 1-year-old carpet. I am still sobbing.

I neglected to mention that yesterday was my mom's birthday. We called and sang to her and sent her a really cool tag book. Love you, mom!

More later...

4 comments:

The Mommy said...

Jamie, when I was pregnant the only thing that worked for my kick butt heartburn was Titralac (you can get it at wal-mart) tums and what other stuff never worked long enough...this stuff..BAM!! your heartburn is gone. Try it. (I sound like a commercial don't I?) Sorry. So did you and Rich decide on a name??
Shanna

Laura said...

"Why can't we have anything nice"...lol, sorry to hear about the carpet. I am so excited to see you, I hope its not like when you were there in Ohio and wanting to see Gaby be born...:( Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

I just have to tell you a not-so-funny story. My sister in law is due to have a baby in a few weeks. Last night she was having labor pains in the middle of the night. They didn't want to wake anyone and ask for help with their two little ones, so my sister in law drove herself to St. Joseph's hospital in Tucson (about an hour drive). They kept her overnight to monitor the contractions, and sent her home this morning. Except when she went to get in her car, it was GONE. Someone had stolen her car while she was at the hospital! And, of course, the other kids' car seats are gone, as well as the stroller in the trunk. I guess we all have our pregnancy stories! Some day it will be funny......

Jamie said...

Debbie called me today and told me a funny story about how her brother went looking for his stolen car and found it parked at someone's house, then called the police, then had to follow the perps cuz they started driving away. He stayed on the line with the cops and they finally surrounded the car and arrested the thieves, but the car was full of a bunch of stolen stuff that has to be sorted out. HOW CRAZY IS THAT? Thanks for calling today Deb! You crack me up!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...