Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Birthday #36: Party Pix

My fabulous MIL made the most wonderful turkey dinner for my birthday! It was sort of a harvest celebration because all of the food (besides the turkey) was grown at the ranch! We had mashed ranch potatoes, sliced ranch cucumbers and carrots and tomatoes, cole slaw with home-grown cabbage, and bread with homemade freezer jam! It was such a treat to (a) have my favorite meal, and (b) not have to cook or do much clean up...thanks, Mom Melin!Around the dinner table: Rich, Danny, Grandpa Tom, Addie, Angie, Little Rosalie, James, and Heidi.
After dinner we opened gifts...this one is from Angie & family
And this one was from my M & FIL...new towels and a mini-cuisinart.
This one from Rich was SO FABULOUS...a t-shirt (so fun) and an ipod Shuffle (see it clipped to the shirt?), already loaded up with about 20 of my favorite CDs to listen to while I walk! Woo-hoo!

My hubby and kids also got me this jerky maker to use with the dehydrator I got last Mother's Day. There are a bunch of spices in the box, which can be added to ground meat, then extruded out of that gun I am holding up onto the dehydrator trays and voila! You've got jerky! Fabulous protein source for food storage and a great snack (I LOVE it made with ground turkey, and it's often about $1. pound)
My helpers: Addie, Danny, and Heidi
We finished with cake...my mom made a Chocolate Spice Zuchini bundt cake, and it was HEAVENLY! I am not a cake or pie fan, but this was SO GOOD!
Thanks for a great birthday, family!
XOXOX

PS: I also got lots of cute cards in the mail, and my mom sent me a box of cute scrapbooking stuff...THANKS!




6 comments:

shoeaddict said...

Happy Birthday Jamie. You have such a beautiful, kind face.

I love jerky, too. Great gift.

Jenn said...

Hey girl...you look really GOOD in the photos!!!
I finished your present...I'm stuck on James' I may have to fold andask you for some help!
Love ya...and I'm glad your day was a good one!
PS I LOVE the tshirt! Too cool!

chrissy said...

Happy (late) Birthday, Jamie!!!

Jill Petersen said...

I want that Stewart and Colbert shirt really BAD! Where did he find it?

lacy lee said...

Happy Birthday Jamie!

Brooks Brown said...

I want that Stewart/Colbert shirt. Tell me it's not too late for them to start a real campaign! Happy Birthday!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...