Friday, October 12, 2007

Tuesday is Ballet Day

On Tuesdays at 4, Addie puts on her ballet clothes...
...and we stop to pick up her friend, Boston, to go to ballet class.
When we get to ballet at 4:15, Miss Kathleen greets all the students with the ballerina doll (Boston is behind her on the right; Addie is second from left)
After warming up, we practice the five positions at the barre.
Addie is learning how to hold her arms and point her toes and turn out her ankles.
After lots of practice, we sit in a circle to practice straight backs and beautiful arms and hands. One girl gets to "wind up" the other "sleeping" dancers.

Ballet Class is FUN!


6 comments:

Brent said...

Simply adorable. I love that first picture, too. Frame that sucker!

Addie, keep up the good work. Next time I see you, you're gonna have to show me what you learned, ok?

Jenn said...

ahhhh...I remember when my 'lil miss was excited to go to to dance class.
I wish she would give it another try! But going 2x's a week was rough.

Jill Petersen said...

Cute! You really do need to frame that first one! I thought the same thing!

Aim said...

oh....my....goodness! If seeing Addie in her cute ballet outfit isn't the most adorable thing I've ever seen, I don't know what is!! I love the first one of her going into the studio. IIII want that one in a frame on my wall. It just looks so artistic! Who took that pic?! love it love it!

love amie

ps- can you post the christmas exchange list for this year like you did last year? I can't find my copy anywhere and the gifts I've collected so far are so general. I need to start getting age and gender specific. Thanks, you da bomb. Hope to see you this weekend!

Geo said...

1st photo is fab!

Anonymous said...

Jamie, that first photo is classic, definately print it and frame it. I love it, so classic...and classical.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...