Monday, October 15, 2007

What the....?

Some of you may have already heard about our new theory about the end of the world. Remember, we were watching the History Channel (dang that channel, it always sucks us in...it is useless to resist). Within a couple of days, we saw a show about Mayans and then another show (The Universe, the Sun episode) about how the sun shifts polarity in these big old solar storms with flares so strong they can overwhelm our atmosphere and cause spontaneous combustion, magnetic shifts, and all kinds of other havoc. We learned that the Mayan Calendars end in December 2012, AND that the next big solar thing would happen in 2012. Hmmm...Rich said, "Okay, I'm callin' it...the world ends in 2012." Kidding...mostly.


[Turns out, we're not alone. In fact, it looks like we're the last to know...read here about the Mayan thing and here about the solar thing]

Add to that the fact that Hillary Clinton could be our next president--perfect! She can screw up the world enough so Jesus will have to come fix it. And we can all wear THESE T-shirts, as seen on The Colbert Report during "The Road to Armageddon" segment (Stephen, like me, often contends that conflict in the Middle East just leads to Armageddon and speeds up Jesus' return...he also has a T Shirt that says Welcome Jesus on the front and Welcome Last Imam on the back--heh, heh).

Also, Al Gore just won the Nobel Prize, which makes me want to poke out my own eyes. It's gonna get a whole lot warmer, Albert, when that solar flare cooks us and your friend Hilary makes us lose WW3. [It's Environmental Blog Action Day. My action is to promote preparedness (see links below)]

AND... on a not-so-funny note, the prophet has told us not-so-subtly that it's time to get REALLY serious about food storage and Emergency Preparedness. I mean, a whole Ensign centerfold this summer? Geez.
We got the hint.
Did you?

On a lighter note, here's our theme song:

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Well said!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Is'nt the world suppose to coming to an end on December 21, 2012?
I sounds like we both watched the same thing! and Yes! the history channel does suck you in!
Hope your feeling better!
Kliss

Geo said...

That's my theme song from the morning after my engagement to Rob. Not your traditional kindof romance, for sure, but very exhilarating.

Jill Petersen said...

Where can I get me one of them
t shirts?! It would go good with our Dumb Frick one!

Aim said...

hahahahahahaha breath hahahahahaha!Oh man Jamie, you crack me up! Such a great writer!

Matt and I are hoping to come down thursday. We might be able to spend the night if youre up for it but Chico on friday night is a no go for us. I have to be back in town to go to a farwell dinner for one of my girlfriends.

I'm looking forward to seeing you guys though. Having you pop into the Mac Grill for just a second was like cruel and unusual punishment. The moment I saw you I remembered all the sudden how much I miss you! I'm sorry I couldn't get work off. But I took off thurs and friday for this weekend! See you soon!
love ya!

aim

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...