Friday, June 13, 2008

Vancouver, Day Nine

I don't have much to say about day nine yet, as it has only just begun. But it's off to a good start seein's how I slept all night in the same bed without kids laying all over me. YAY THAT.

So far plans for today include picking Jill up from the airport at 9:30am, perhaps driving her down to Multnomah Falls, then coming back home to eat lunch, put kids down for naps, and then take Mama to her second radiology appointment. Mama had her first radiology consult yesterday, for which she got up and dressed and accessorized (she looked awesome). Sara went with her and they did a little shopping afterward and brought home some Baja Fresh for lunch. Mom has to go back today and get her radiology tatoos so they can shoot her in the right spots. She is doing really well. I can tell her daily meds are still wiping her out, but she is feeling much better, more like her regular self everyday. I am still trying to feed her good whole foods so she will be ready for her next round, but now we know the whole process will knock her out for about a week. I hope the two in-between weeks are good and she gets to enjoy time with all the loved ones that will be here with her.

Going to the cancer center was a cool experience. It is such a nice, comfy place with all the amenities for the patients AND their guests, but I kept looking around and feeling totally mixed emotions. I eavesdropped on conversations ( a couple celebrating their 50th anniversary after meeting in the Navy, etc) and realized that ALL thos people in there are special to their loved ones, and each patient represented a family that was getting rocked as much as our family is. It made me momentarily sad--I told mom, "I feel like crying--I can't believe we're here." But then I watched her be brave and watched her cool nurse take such good care of her, I just felt grateful that the treatment exists and there are professionals who are so gentle and who know how to guide her down the path to recovery. I am excited that teh grandparents and Lisa and Sam and Kris will get to go there, too.

Anyhooo--kids to dress, breakfast to make, etc. Maybe tonight we can post some pix of our adventures. Check out the six cousins in the tub pix at Sara's blog! :)

3 comments:

Rich said...

I am so glad my offspring let you sleep! Good Kids.
Daddy Loves you all

Sarah said...

Jamie- I am sorry that your family is having this experience of life. It was said that cancer is the "disease of love". I think from what you have described you can see that.

We recently lost my husband's sister the day after Christmas due to cancer. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

cmhl said...

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. ~Eleanor Roosevelt


Thinking of you guys!!

think of my two tonight, it is the opening performance of "Annie.." we are alllllllllll getting a little tired of "it's a hard knock life." haha..

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...