Sunday, July 27, 2008

Happy Sabbath

I stole this link from another site I sort of clicked my way to tonight. I hope you enjoy these thoughts as much as I did (I want these words tattooed on the back of my hands or something). I dedicate this to my mama, just in case she doesn't feel good enough for church tomorrow, she can get her fill from Elder Busche.



PS: I read about the death of Randy Pausch, the professor who gave the now-famous "Last Lecture" last year. It's sad that he's gone, but I think it's such a "tender mercy" for him to live long enough not just to leave that beautiful message for his children, but that the message itself became so popular that it will provide for thier temporal needs as well as their emotional and spiritual needs. That's so cool.

4 comments:

Jill Petersen said...

That was absolutely beautiful Jamie! Thanks for that fireside of sorts! I am teared up. I am sure Mama will love it and everyone else who takes the time to watch it. It is just what I needed tonight. You are so intune. I love you sis! Call me K!?

Anonymous said...

Hey!
Thanks I needed to hear that!!!!
Kliss

The Erickson Five said...

Jamie...I too wish I knew you better! But hey through blogging...we can totally get to know each other. I know Ric has a love for you! The Talk that My sis and you have on your pages with elder Busches voice is so touching! Ric and I found his bio because after Ric Saw and heard the You Tube video...he wanted a copy of the Talk in words..to hang in our home...That is how we found his bio...INCREDIBLE! I hope we can hang some time...maybe we'll come RVing to your Ranch! :) XO

Anonymous said...

Jamie, I really appreciate you posting Elder Busche's address. I don't know that I ever really paid that much attention to his talks before he received emeritus status, but some time ago (maybe two Christmas's?) my father-in-law gave me "Yearning for the Living God," a collection of thoughts and stories from Elder Busche's life. It was really remarkable (boy is that understated). I liked it so much, I began taking it to work and sharing anecdotes with a non-LDS co-worker. There were times we were moved to tears. Keep in mind, I was working in a jail, surrounded by felons, while reading and discussing his stories. The Spirit CAN be felt anywhere, and Elder Busche has a real knack for inviting him. Read the book if/when you get a chance. It's an easy read.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...