Thursday, August 28, 2008

The End of Wednesday

While I was uploading yesterday's video of Addie's school, Heidi swiped the camera and took these (among other) pictures: Bright flowers for a rainy day...
The poster we made for family night, which is hanging on the door to the garage (right by the hooks for jackets and backpacks).
Heidi's Self-Portrait
***
After we picked up an elated Adeline at 3:10pm, we drove over to Grandma's and harvested green beans and talked about school....
We brought the bans to our house for processing and storage.
My workstation


Two fresh onions and three tomaters hitched a ride with the green beans.
1 hour and 40 minutes from garden to dinner plate--
Steamed, drizzled with olive oil, sprinkled with S&P
YUMMY! Lots of vitamins for energetic kids!
(Addie & Heidi playing with our neighbor, Taylor after dinner)

2 comments:

cmhl said...

where did you get the kitchen goddess? LOVE it!!!

how is mom?

Jamie said...

Hi Mols! I miss you so much, efriend!

I got that kitchen goddess from Jeanne & Georgia Buchert. It was a graduation gift meant for my desk when I was a Professional Writer. When I became a Professional Hausfrau, she came, too!

Mama is doing well. Her body is getting a little tired of the chemo, I think--she had an EKG this week and other tests, plus fluids and stuff to help with a rapid herat rate and other uncomfrotable side effects. We are excited to hear the results from her PET scan today, hoping she has kicked that cancer's butt and all of this hasn't been in vain. Thanks for asking...I'll write a post about the results.

YOU KEEP IN TOUCH, K? If you ever want to e-me an update, please do because I really miss you and wonder what's going on in your life (jamiemelin at msn dot com). XO

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...