Friday, October 24, 2008

It's Friday, I'm in Love

Oh, wow, WOW... I just read on cjane that they are going let Nienie wake up tomorrow. I am so excited for her progress, but I feel so sad for her. Imagine waking up from a "nap" and finding that two months have passed, your children are living with your sisters a state away, and your gorgeous body has been melted and grafted several times over. That is a lot to take in in a moment, but then I remember this, my theme for the past week or two:


  • "...for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." --DC 84:88

Tomorrow is also Jill's birthday, which I am so excited about, even though she already got my present (a subsciption to Real Simple). For her bday, Jill gets to take her girls to see High School Musical 3 and my sis Dana gets to go, too...I am SO JEALOUS! ;) I know they are going to have a great day! Then Sunday is brother Will's bday and my first official presidency meeting, and Tuesday my brother Michael and Rich's brother Jess celebrate bdays, too. Then there's Halloween and October is over...that was fast! (and if you think October bdays are crazy in my family, November is just as nuts with FIVE girls from Rich's side, plus my dad, uncle, and BIL).



Anyway, the days keep rollin' along, don't they? I am kind of in a Primary bubble, with the Primary on my mind and the Spirit giving me bits of guidance here and there, everyday. It's pretty neat and I am genuinely excited to make stuff happen with my awesome counselors. I am amazed at how HF can teach me even in the busy and sometimes chaotic state of my life. Last night at Stake Training Meeting, I was jotting down some of the impressions I have had the past few days. One of the most significant was that this is the first time since my mission that I will be teaching people the gospel and preparing them for baptism. All the priciples of the old commitment pattern have been coming to mind--now I know why:t hese are people who are just starting to grow their own testimonies and they need learn to "feel and recognize the Spirit" and to "build relationships of trust" with their leaders and teachers so there is a strong foundation upon which to build a testimony and life-long activity. YAY! And I am so excited about the 2009 Theme of My Eternal Family.

So yeah, I may be a "kid person" after all.

Speaking of kids, my two little ones have requested a bubble bath and they're gonna need it after what they've done with their yogurt. Have a great weekend, and keep Nienie's family in your prayers, as well as the Livingston Ward Primary, if you please ;)

2 comments:

shoeaddict said...

I just cannot get over this NieNie thing. I have not read cjane's blog in awhile so if these questions were answered by her, I'm sorry.

HOW do you tell someone these things? I'm sure the staff at the hospital (or wherever she is now) is well versed in doing this though. It is so mind boggling that she will wake up to a totally different life and world. How do you begin to tell someone that? Who will do it? Is it better to have just a doctor and one family member there at the time or what?

I know you are not a professional but, maybe you know? I'll be praying for the whole family today and tomorrow and forever, probably.

I love Jill! I'm lucky to have "met" her through blogging.

Jill Petersen said...

I am overwhelmed with the thoughts and everything with NieNie. I hope she takes it okay and her loved ones are there for her. I am trying not to cry about it because I am a bit emotional right now!

Thanks for the B-day shout out! Last night was hilarious! I am IN LOVE with TROY! j/k! I will blog all about it!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...