Saturday, October 18, 2008

Thursday in Helena

Since all my Montana sibs are working too hard (both Laura & Darrin work, and both Matt & Amie work and Matt goes to school), and since my kids are out of school, we took a field trip to visit our Helena cousins and deliver Halloween- and Euro-booty on Thursday. We left home at 9am and got there around 11am, in time to share treats and have a picnic lunch! Aunt Laura (Rola), Jared, Addie, Sam, Jake, Heidi, and Gabriel enjoying some Halloween treats (I thought I got Matt in that photo, but apparently not!)
Jake & Heidi were so happy to be reunited!
Sammy likes chocolate pumpkins!
James was excited to ride the mountain goat at the Great Northern Carousel. Believe it or not, I think this is his frist time on the Carousel!
Sammy and his Daddy
Heidi, Jake & Jared spinning!

Addie on her sea horse
James checking out his reflection in the pole
"WEEEEEEEE!"
Heidi & an otter
Outside the carousel, we climbed on rocks and wildlife statues...
Addie, Jared, and James on a bear
James, Addie and Jake mauling a bear (isn't that a cute bear? I love it!)


Jake dashed away as I took this group shot by the bear
Addie and an otter
Uncle Matt helped the kids go bouldering...look at my baby James up there!
Jared and the goat


Sammy jumping boulders
Addie riding a bear
One last turn on the carousel...Jared rides a wolf
Addie on a horse

***


We said good bye to Postums at the Carousel (Amie had to work, Matt had homework) and took Jared back to his house (where Darrin was preparing to go to work and Laura was on her way home from work). It was a quick trip, but so much fun. I loved spending time with my kids in the car (really!) and seeing my cute nephews again. We love you guys! Come see us, and get ready for another AWESOME Christmas party (let me know about dates!) The kids were so good on the way home! I got them some drinks and trail mix out of the trunk and we listened to the radio as we drove. They fell asleep just before the turn off at Three Forks and slept all the way home, so I had a nice 40-minute chat with Aunt Marti on the cell phone (mostly discussing the calling I will be sustained to tomorrow at church), and we got home the same time as Rich! PERFECT! I heart my fam! XOXO

***

PS: We bought a Select Comfort bed on Wednesday night, so Rich is building a little platform for it right now. I can't wait to sleep on it! We'll save the ol' Stearns and Foster for the guest house at the ranch :)






2 comments:

Jill Petersen said...

J E A L O U S!!!

Seriously though, I am glad you got to go up and visit! I can't believe you LIKE riding in the car with your kids. It's on my list of things of NEVER wanted to do!!! Except to come to your house of course!!!

CasperintheUK said...

Be prepared to never want to get out of bed again!!!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...