Saturday, October 04, 2008

What Was I Thinking?

They say that east-to-west jet lag is easier to deal with than west-to-east, which makes sense, but for some reason, I cannot get my clock adjusted to home time! I wake up around 4 or 5 every morning and I can hardly see straight by dinner time. I'm dying!


For some reason I assumed I'd be fine and scheduled the kids' well child check ups and flu vaccinations for 11 hours after I arrived home (huh?), so that kept me up Thursday. And then I volunteered to chaperone Addie's field trip to Rocky Creek Farm on Friday. While I was so happy to go, I was really draggin' booty! When I picked up Heidi and James and we all came home around 3:30, I just changed in to my pajamas and forced myself to stay awake until 6:30 or so. Rich brought home pizza and a DVD for the kids, and I was gone to the world. Of course this is not helping me transition very well, but it sure felt good to SLEEP!

I have also drunk more than three gallons of water since I got home, so I think I came home pretty dehydrated. They don't believe in drinking plain water over the pond, so when I did get a drink, it was usually a caffeinated beverage which only added to the problem. Erin did have water at her house and I drank tons, but apparently not enough. I am so glad to have a quiet conference weekend to recouperate!

I am working on the promised photo updates. I will post the photos on euromelin as I get them cropped. As it is (at 8:20am on Saturday) I have been up working on photos for three hours!

For now, though, I must post the adorable photos of Addie's field trip--it was such a perfect fall day, and I LOVED being there with my little group of cute first graders!


Addie & her classmate, Jake, at the RCF sign
Addie's class waiting for their hayride on the haystack
Addie & her classmate, Azalea
Addie amongst her classmates
On the Hayride
My little gang (minus Rylee, our neighbor, who was tying his shoe) at the pumpkin patch:
Jake, Azalea, Casey, and Addie

My group (minus Casey this time) beating up a scarecrow: Rylee, Azalea, Scarecrow, Addie, and Jake As we walked through the raspberry patch, it got very overcast, but in never rained on us!
A beautiful scene at Rocky Creek Farm

(our town is about 15 miles in the distance there)

All the kids brought apples to make cider. Here's Addie putting her apples in the grinder.
Addie watching the grinder
All those apples (about 70) made a gallon of cider
The cider press
After making cider, the kids played on the haystack and in the teepee for about a half hour.

Addie got a bunch of them to be "roosters"

(Brylea, Kendall, Kalob, Addie, Robert, Jolene, Rylee)

Addie & her pal, Casey

***

Happy Fall, Y'all!

2 comments:

Cannwin said...

azaleas in her class, huh... how do you feel about that? boston had real problems with her.

Jessica said...

Beautiful. Is it possible to miss a place you've never been?

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...