Sunday, February 22, 2009

"Sum-Sum-Summertime..."

This is the face of Pure Awesomeness:My dear sister friend, Summer, came to cheer me up and let me rest on Friday. She read my earlier blog and drove all the way from her ranch Harrison (an hour & a half away) to bring me a treat and entertain my kids so I could rest. I love her and miss her so much. We were visiting teaching companions for 4 years while we served as YW counselors and then I was her Primary Secretary for, like, a minute last year, til she moved to Nebraska then Harrison. She grew up in Eastern Idaho, got a degree in Agriculture (you should see her rope calves!), and served a mission to Argentina. Then she married Cowboy Dan (Daniel) and had three kids and gets awesom-er each year!
Thank You, Summer! I Love You!

Addie was so excited to meet Summer's baby Kiley (who was born on Halloween Eve).

Here are Summer's 2 daughters, Kiley and Cailin, and my Heidi

Here are all of our kids together--Cailin, Heidi and Addie adoring Kiley, James and Colton climbing the couches.

Here they are again. We had such a nice visit! It was great to have the kids occupied, but even just the thought that Summer would come all this way means so much to me. I am doubly blessed with a wonderful family and angelic friends!
(PS: Summer, I had the most heavenly shower this morning with the shower gel & body butter you brought--I had no idea it would be so luxurious! Thanks so much--you know my weakness for bath stuff! ;))
"For worthy friends whose lives proclaim
Devotion to the Savior's name
Who bless our days with peace & love
We praise thy goodness, Lord above."






4 comments:

Jenn said...

That's awesome....I miss her too! Glad she was able to come for a visit and that you are feeling better. I think we have finally beat the bug here, too!

Jill Petersen said...

That is so cool to have such an awesome friend! I can drive 7 hours to come take care of you!!! Seriously- if you need me I'll be there. I can always work something out. I love you. I hope you are feeling okay today.

Summer said...

Thanks Jamie! I love you too, and I hope you know it was great to come and visit you. You are tuff!

Geo said...

Summer looks good in her eyes.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...