Friday, September 04, 2009

Goodnight, You Moonlight Ladies!

Three years ago today (click) I was in Labor. I looked like THIS. All our weekend company had gone home and it was just me, my family, and my mama hangin' out. I was contracting all day, steadily, every 10-15 minutes, but only just enough to make me tired and uncomfortable. I knew--I always knew--that I would have James on September 5th, so I just chilled. I remember my mom stayed up with me--I took a warm bath in Love Spell bubbles, listening to Katie Melua, while mom watched Leno. We went to hospital at midnight, but I had a dr. appt in the morning, so I went home to sleep in my own bed.

So tonight, I am up all alone again, this time in a tent trailer on the shore of Henry's Lake, listening to my four loves breathing, sleeping all around me as I type by candle light. How cool is it to have WiFi in the wilderness? LOVE IT! When we wake up, it will be Sweet Baby James' Third Birthday. We will have bday pancakes and swim in the lake and watch an IMAX movie in West Yellowstone and then have pizza and presents with the Melin Grandparents and Uncle Mike (who are meeting up with us in W.Y.). And I will be in awe of my little man, still smitten with his cuteness (and now smartness), and sad because he is growing up way to fast and looking at pictures like these makes my heart hurt a little. In a good way...so blessed...

I uploaded some pix of today to post, but thistiny laptop will not upload them to blogger, so I will do that later. Just try to imagine the perfect setting in which to sing James Taylor's "Sweet Baby James" and that's where we are--shiny lake, pines and aspens, and the most bright, enormous moonrise I have ever seen. I love the mountain west--I could never stay away from here, and I super love my family. I am so grateful to be a wife and mama.

1 comment:

Luisa said...

So many times I feel that same hurt- but in a good way- as my babies grow up. Thanks for sharing.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...