Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Belated Fotos

While I was packing for Helena last Thursday, I found James sitting quietly on this step stool in the kitchen, occasionally letting out a hearty "Ho, ho, ho!" I asked him what he was doing and he said, "I am waiting for the children. I Santa." So sweet...he smooshes my heart sometimes.James as Santa on 12/10/09
(PS: those are Addie's boots)
***
When we got home from Helena Saturday afternoon we attended the Nutcracker Tea Party at the Depot. We had pomegranate and cinnamon tea with cookies and other snacks then watched some great dance scenes from the Nutcracker and some other musical performances.

Here are the girls getting snacks


Rich & JamesYUM!
Addie, Me, and Heidi

Between performances, tehy played Christmas music and let the kids dance. Here's Addie with some other girls on the dance floor.
Addie spinning (the depot looked so pretty)Heidi danced with one of her best pals from school, Tova.
(I don't know where our pix of the dancing went...hm...maybe I'll borrow some from Jenn)
***
My Relief Society lesson on Sunday went over pretty well (I tried presenting it as a cantata--poetry and spoken word and scripture with related hymns). It was our last lesson from Teachings of Joseph Smith, which was thick stuff. Next year we will be teaching by principles and that sounds more like a piece of cake. Also on Sunday, I discovered my little baby Kim (remember her from THIS post? Okay, she's not a baby--she's almost 23--but I still love her) is ENGAGED (!) to a boy from North Carolina (!!). I know, you're all, "LUCKY!" and so was I. Said young man was at church on Sunday and we had a most delightful visit, and today he is taking her home to Boone (I know, it's the Charlotte mission, and you may have heard "Duelin' Banjos" in your head when you read "Boone", but it 's still beautiful--how fun for Kimber!). I just keep thinking, if I am this happy for a girl who is NOT my daughter, I am super excited to meet my future sons-in-law. Congrats, Kim & Matthew--your good news cheered up my whole week!
Tonight I am headed to the Kiwanis Club cocktail/white elephant party. Don't be jealous. Also, I taught early morning seminary today and will do it the rest of the week. Again, don't be jealous. Even tho' I went to bed at 10, I still needed a nap at 1pm...I don't know how the kids (or their teacher, my dear friend Melissa) do it!

1 comment:

Shoeaddict said...

Awww, James is SO cute. Waiting for the children... how sweet.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...