Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Last Friday

I've been freakishly busy, then under the weather yesterday, so I'm a little behind on blogging.


Happy Birthday, Candace!

(this is a xerox copy of a favortie photo of my cousins Larkin & Candace from one of my old photo albums)

Last Friday was Cousin Candace's 23rd birthday, the one-year anniversary of my thyroidectomy, and a no-school (grading) day. So the girls had some friends over for a Tea Party (at which they all split one cup of vanillaomile tea and mostly drank strawberry Crystal Light and cookies and cupcakes).This is Addie hugging her friend Elizabeth at their tea party table. Later, their friend Aurora came, and Heidi entertained Aunt Debbie and Haylee, too (but I didn't take pictures then...dang)

Addie & Elizabeth with actual tea.
***

[click to enlarge]

I made this lovely illustration of how much my scar has healed. I'd like to point out that there is no make up involved in any of these pictures, so I hope you enjoy the detailed terrain of my complexion while admiring how well my scar has healed (click here for the gnarley post-sugical ones). Seriously, props to Dr. Housinger...the endo told me if you're gonna have a scar that shows, you want to go to Dr. H because he leaves the tiniest possible scar but I just thought that was one doc selling the other. A year later, I am thankful for the referral--he did a nice job. Now if the rest of my hormones whould just settle down and balance out, I'd be thrilled.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That is fantastic! Mine doesn't look that good yet 2 years later. Maybe because I had a 2 surgeries within 2 weeks of each other...?

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...