Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I'm Not Afraid Because I KNOW

Thinking of my "middle-little" sister tonight... some consequences seem more than we can bear and I pray for mercy and comfort for her tonight. Sinead O'Connor's "Last Day of Our Acquaintance" has been running through my mind, hurting my heart.

And then there are the illnesses...still no good news, just waiting.

A long time ago, Maria McKee had an album called This World Is Not My Home and I loved that title because I have always felt that way. At first it was a sad, hard thing for me. But now I am grateful that I don't belong here. I make the best of it but look forward to better. So when my sister told me about this new Carrie Underwood song, and then my cousin posted its video, I put aside my country/pop aversion and gave it a listen. It's really quite good, and painfully appropos. CLICK HERE to visit Cousin Pearly's site (she's my younger twin, btw), and cry along with me tonight.

Old man, hospital bed,
The room is filled with people he loves.
And he whispers, " Don't cry for me, I'll see you all someday."
He looks up and says, "I can see God's face...
This is my temporary home
It's not where I belong
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through.
This was just a stop on the way to where I'm going.
I'm not afraid because I know... this was my temporary home."

This is our temporary home.

3 comments:

lizardofoz said...

bittersweet. the fact that you relate to 'last day of our acquantaince' makes my heart hurt, too. i don;t know if you realize how your blog affects those of us who read it. thank you for sharing your gift.

Laura said...

I can barely see thru my tears....OMG! I love you sis!

Jill Petersen said...

I am so glad I heard that song! It was hard to drive home! The girls looked at me and asked why I was crying, then I called you. It is so beautiful, especially that last verse!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...