Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Spring Break Day 2: Tour de Provo

This year marks 20 years since I moved to Provo, so I took the kids on a little walk down memory lane when we woke up on Saturday morning, March 27th ( you may recall, WAAAAY back when I posted about our hotel slumber party). We took photos of all the places I lived, got gas and sodas at "my" old station on State Street, and took a picnic to Bridal Veil Falls (still freezing cold).
This is a close up of the silly shot below--apparently "silly face" means "Stick your tongue out!"
Heidi, Ally, Addie, Belle, and James
Sweet kids at Bridal Veil Falls
Silly Shot!
***
It was too cold to hang out in the canyon for long, so we headed back into Provo to visit Buchert Tribal Headquarters (it just occured to me the other night that I have never devoted a post to explaining this "other family" of mine--I will write it soon). I am kind of rude that way--just droppin gin when I find a minute--but it's the only way we ever see each other! So we stopped to check in with Ellen and George ("Mom and Papa Buchert") and Aunt Jen (Jeanne Buchert, my former roommate and dear amiga). They were home, working on the yard, cooking chikcen soup, and generally just chillin'. It was WONDERFUL to see them.

Heidi at Bucherts'
James, Heidi, and Addie feeding the chickens

Addie look a bit pouty, but check out the chickens!


Heidi whipped Addie with a switch she found in the backyard, hence the red eyes. The girls came inside and Belle, Addie, and Ally learned some beading ideas from the master, Aunt Jen.

Heidi stayed out and over fed the chickens.

The kids had a wonderful time exploring Bucherts' back yard and I had a wonderful time catching up with some of the dearest friends of my life. It was so soothing and edifying to visit with Ellen and Jeanne, to eat Ellen's perfect chicken noodle soup, and to feel love, love , love! I am so glad we stopped--a good time was had by all and the afternoon just flew by. Before we knew it, it was 4pm and time to head out to Lehi to spend time with my sisters.
(Little did I know, at the same time I was enjoying some Buchert time, my Grandpa in Arizona was being taken to the hospital with bleeding ulcers, and later, lymphoma...good thing I stopped by for some edification--I needed it!)








1 comment:

Lisa said...

I think as long as you show up with gin, you're excused from any rudeness. ("just droppin gin when I find a minute") :)

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...