Monday, May 24, 2010

All God's Children Need Travellin' Shoes

Sorry I haven't made a "real post" for a while, but no news is good news, be assured. Over the holidays I went looking for an old musical idol online and I found her in a big way. Tanita Tikaram was the soundtrack for much of my 1990-91. She now has a great blog, podcast, archives, etc. so I am glad she is back in my life in a way. Here are two of her songs from back in the day. The first one is probably her biggest "hit"--the first thing I heard from her on "120 Minutes" back in high school. Watching the video now makes me kind of nostalgic and homesick--I can almost feel the dry heat of that place (the Atacama?), it reminds me of the Navajo Res in NoAZ. The second is hands-down the Kevinest song of all the Kevin songs. Us to a tee. Enjoy--her voice is like buttah!






Johnny was a peculiar guy
Brought up on love and the reasons why
but the reasons why ought not to be said
and so I'm left hands held to my head saying
I love you
It's a beautiful,beautiful, beautiful thing
It's a beautiful, beautiful thing

Chances, changes are all that you have
As you take the hard stuff lie on your back
The smoothness, strangeness fits like a glove
But the comfort of tease still rises above saying
I love you.
But is it possible, possible, possible babe?
Is it possible for me and you?

Gold and waves and Betty Blue are the images that lead
to the clues of why
I can't love you

It isn't possible, possible, possible, babe,
It isn't possible for me and you.

1 comment:

Taralyn said...

I love You!!! Thanks for the Music Post!! Great words and amazing music for the soul!!! You Mayberry Cousin is in my next of the woods on his mission - We have our own Eugene Oregon Mission now so he won't be making it down in my exact area but oh how fun for him!!! <3<3<3 you hope all is well with you and your ENTIRE family!!! (That is a dang lot of people youre ENTIRE famile) and I Love it!!!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...