Friday, July 23, 2010

A Blurb

I've had this excruciating head/backache for 2 days that makes sitting down pert-near impossible, so no blogging. Also I forgot to take my camera to some fun things (activity days girls' stake party at river rock pond!), so no pictures.

But I have done a ton of laundry and cleaning and made some fab dinners. I have been enjoying hangin' with my kids each night while Rich is at the ranch, and LOVED getting monsoon-like rain storms the past two evenings.

I got bored with my library book so I picked a blog to read from start to finish instead (Kacy's)--I'd buy it in book form any day (I've already got bits of it in magazine form since she's had a couple of posts published in Parents magazine). This quote from her job history post made me laugh today: "Even though I say I 'don't work,' I assume that most of the people I talk to understand that I stay busy taking care of kids [and blogging] and, quite frankly, I prefer any misconceptions of me living in leisure to the reality of me in knit pants and the shirt I wore yesterday darting around to and fro swiping at various surfaces with a sour, stinking rag. Which brings me right up to today--thus concluding my job history. " Heh, heh. Me, too.

Also, I failed to mention over the weekend that I had a fun time with Richard at his 20-Year HS Reunion. Good Times. I'll post those pix when my head stops hurting. K, bye.

2 comments:

kacy faulconer said...

I so love that you are reading my whole blog. Thank you. I'm jealous of all the famous people you have met and interviewed. You are cool.

Jamie said...

Oh, Kacy, I am so NOT cool. And you're welcome. Let me be clear: I am a raging nerd. I don't want you to be disappointed if we ever actually meet. NERD. I read blogs for fun, for chicken sake. And you make me laugh out loud all the time, so thank YOU.

Also, I need to email you so we can play a round of six degrees, Provo edition. And maybe even meet up when I come to Utah county (AGAIN) Aug 13-16.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...