Monday, November 01, 2010

Adios, October!

I didn't say, "Good riddance, October," although that's kind of how I am feeling. It has been a hard month--a beautiful, hard month. I get a little depressed when I don't feel well for long stretches of time, especially when that time is full of activities, trips and things that must be done, even when one feels yucky. But we survived, and life is good! I have been so under the weather that I have done a TERRIBLE job of taking pictures. My little brother Michael came to visit andwe didn't take a single photo, we had the most beautiful fall in years and I didn't take pictures, and we have ONE picture of Halloween! ONE! Bad mommy...anyway, here's what was on the camera this morning: On the porch, October 16th: Our Slovakian "son", Peter, just spent his 4th summer in Livingston. He came by the house to say good bye and brought Kinder Eggs for the kids. This year he is going to Hawaii before he returns to Prague.


Here is the single Halloween photo I have of our family at the Trunk or Treat on Saturday night. Addie was a "Halloween Fairy," Heidi was an "Angel Queen," and Richard and James were pirates. I went as a "Really Tired Party Pooper/Activities Chairperson."

***
On Sunday after church, we drove to Helena to see our new baby cousin, Miss Emily Post, who was born to my brother Matt & Amie on Wednesday, October 27th. She is a doll!


Addie was trying to take a picture of Emily's yawn, but she missed it and had her finger on the flash. It's still a cute pic, though, and I love having Amie in the background.
Aunt Jamie & Emily

Addie & Emily

Heidi & Emily

Sweet Baby!

James & Emily

Amie's mom, Cynthia, was there helping and it was so nice to see her!


Addie is a good little mommy--she loved holding Emily.
***
The day before Emily was born, this darling baby, Henry Brent Mayberry, was born to my dear cousin Brent (who's practically my brother) and his lovely wife, Autumn.
Seriously, how cute is that baby?!?! I can't wait to see him! Brent is serving our country in Djibouti, and he was only home for 2 days before Henry made his debut. What good timing--now daddy can spend the rest of his "R-n-R" bonding with his boy and spoiling his mighty wife. We are OVERJOYED for the Mayberry's and this long-awaited golden boy!

***
So the month wasn't all bad--it's so nice to have those two lovely babes in the world and to have Halloween over with (My sister, Sara, found out she's having a BOY in March, too!). So now it's November and time to get on with the business of GIVING THANKS. Aunt Marti & Uncle Ralph and my dear Gram are coming for Thanksgiving and I couldn't be more excited. Bring it on!

5 comments:

Taralyn said...

Beautiful Babies!!! oh and March Babies are FABULOUS!!! and March Boys are sooo sweet!!! Much Love to you Postie - I have to say October was a hard month for my aches and pains this year as well!!! You are amazing to me!!! I can't believe all that you do when you don't feel well!!! Take Care and I AM THANKFUL FOR YOU!!!

Aim said...

That was so incredibly nice of you guys to drive all that way to come visit us and ON TOP of all that, bring us such a yummy dinner and cinnamon rolls. You really know how to spoil us. Besides, seeing Addie and Heidi and James with Emily was PRICELESS. Seriously, you can tell just what great little parents they'll be some day. Thanks again for making the trip. Hopefully next time we can hold on to you for a little longer and get you to stay overnight. It's such a long drive. Love you guys.

Jenn said...

I too am glad that October has passed us by...excited for you and your visitors for Thanksgiving! I'm jealous...what i would give to be with my family for the holidays!
And those babies are soooo darn cute!!

Summer said...

I've always admired you for being so strong. You do awesome things even when you don't feel good. How do you do it? You are awesome is all I can think. Love You!

Vyv said...

So much many congrats to Brent and Autumn (Autumn, right?).
Doesn't it just make you want to have another one?
Mine are gettin' too big to cuddle.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...