Friday, February 25, 2011

Bla, Bla, Blaaaaah!

I haven't had much news or any pictures to post this week, so I let 10 days go by without posting here, which is against my personal blogging standards. Oops. So here's an update.

I DID update the ranch blog and worked hard on all things DB7 including getting letterhead and envelopes and rental contracts printed up, collecting brochures, etc., taking photos of rennovation progress, making design decisions, and booking our first 2 guests for summer 2011! Hooray!

I had a wonderfully relaxing get-away with Richard to celebrate our 10th anniversary. We spent Thursday and Friday nights in Billings just relaxing, eating good food (mostly at HuHot Mongolian Grill cuz it's so diet-friendly! But we did go to Texas Roadhouse for a steak that was like BUTTAH!), shopping, attending temple, talking, walking, etc., just having fun. We haven't been very good about date nights the past few years that I've been sick, but it's times like these that remind me how nice the next season of our lives will be. I sometimes get sad about empty nesting, but then I remember that Richard and I only had 6 months together before Adeline was on the way and we became Parents, not just a couple. It will be nice to return to the couple days and enjoy one another some more (with 30 years of parenting under our belts...phew!). THANKS, Rich, for being so thoughtful and flexible and always striving to make me happy and comfortable. I love you!

I had a morning sickness relapse over the weekend. And by "morning sickness" I mean I barfed all day Sunday. And then I had a bad headache and just felt "off" on President's Day (dang it) when I had the kids home from school for 2 more days. We didn't do anything fun because I felt so bad, and I know we are all sick and tired of my being sick and tired. I can feel it wearing on the kids--they fight with eachother and there is a lot of tension that we just don't usually have because I just can't keep up with them and do all the things they need me to do or they are accustomed to. I know it will soon be just a memory, but getting through the birth and post-partum still stands between us and Normal. Praying extra hard to hold it together for 3 more months!

James is loving preschool, but he is home with me today because he has been coughing like crazy at night for the past 6 nights and yesterday he ran a fever and got congested. Heidi has a little of this cold, too, but we are trying to nip it in the bud as fast as possible. We haven't had a serious illness since last year, knock on wood, so we're hoping little man is onthe upswing.

Also, in the midst of all of this we missed Cousin Sammy's 5th and Papa Post's 61st birthday on Monday and Cousin Owen's 2nd birthday Wednesday. DANG IT (actually, we tried to call Sammy for his birthday, but we never connected--hopefully that counts for SUMTHIN!:))--we love you guys and we're so glad you were born! We did go to an Eagle Scout court of honor that night--the 23rd-- and it was really cool. Andrew Holm and Ferguson Jeffrey are our first Eagle Scouts in 9 or 10 years and our whole ward family is really proud of them.

So now we are just gearing up for Reading Week at the girls' school next week. Rich & I are in charge of Dr. Seuss' Green Eggs & Ham birthday party again this year (on March 8th)-- I always like doing that, it's a fun tradition. I hope I feel good enough to keep up with the rest of what we've got going on this spring with family (a trip to UT to see Will's family visiting from Australia, and got to IKEA and conference), the ranch, Young Women, and PTO. Life is good and we are just couting down to May 24th when the baby arrives & I feel better!

No comments:

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...