Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day & Such

We actually didn't take any pictures of Father's Day. And none of Rich's (40th!) birthday, either, which we spent at the ranch, and then went out to dinner in Bozo at Canyon Burger Co. But trust me, it was a great weekend celebrating the guy who made these adorable children... We had a quick little family photo session on Friday night...

Addie, Heidi, Niles, & James

Melin Kids!


(had to include this one cuz James is so funny)


Addie's turn to hold the baby

(believe me when I tell you that half my waking hours are now spent refereeing whose turn it is to hold the baby and who held him the longest and who gets to burp him and who gets to sit by him in the car...bloody heck, it's worse than the sleep deprivation sometimes)


The Big Three


Sillies!


My Crazy Girls
That's me talking to Niles, who was not enjoying the light sprinkle of rain we were having.


Niles thinking about crying.

(I can't help but notice that since I had Niles, my smile lines have multiplied...doubled, in fact. Weird. Also, my hair is getting brittle and all that extra dark hair I grew is falling out again. Shucks).


Our Family!

***


On Wednesday afternoon it was warm enough to go swimming at the city pool. We can't have snacks in there, so James, Niles, and I went out in front of the pool and had a snack while we looked out on the lagoon...


...see? It's so pretty down by the river/pool/lagoon/park!


Scene from our pool adventure: Niles asleep while his sisters swim

***


On Thursday night, the girls concluded a week of Sports Camp (which is really Jesus Camp--Vacation Bible school with sports and coaches and gospel victory songs) with a block party social/talent show/revival at the park. This is Heidi singing a song with all the camp kids...


Addie sang, too...


James enjoyed the snow cones & cotton candy!


Even though it dipped down to 50 degrees or lower, the kids kept on eating snow cones!

***


On Saturday after working at the ranch all day on his birthday, Rich took us all to dinner, then bought the kids these fishing poles as a Fathers Day gift to himself because he wants to take his kids fishing this summer. They practiced casting down the stairwell last night (Yes, he is the world's awesomest daddy). (And yes, I jumped into the picture to ruin it, but I just made it hilarious).


Casting away!


Addie with her "fish."

***

Thanks for the awesome weekend, Rich! We are so glad you were born--you're AMAZING and I love you & our fun life (and these 4 fantastic children- thanks for making me a mama)!!

4 comments:

Rich said...

Yeah can I have a nap now?

Jamie said...

Uhhhh...you slept for 2.5 hours on Sunday, silly. I've slept for 2.5 hours SINCE 4:30 am on Sunday. That's about 30 hours runnin' on fumes. But yes, I think you & Robyn should close the office for siesta out of respect for my Mexican heritage.

Aim said...

Hurray Unko Wich! I hope the rivers calm down for your fishing this summer!

Laura said...

James....I think you look absolutly beautiful. I love the picture of Niles on his pillow. Thanks for the thank you cards. I sure do love you guys.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...