Sunday, March 04, 2007

PS: I Adore Addie

On Saturday, I had to trim Addie's bangs because she cut a small chunk of "hair that was bothering" her and I got upset with her.

Later she was upset about something and she muttered under her breath, "I'm just stupid and ugly." I told her we don't talk like that, and she said, "But I said it to myself, not to Heidi, and I can say whatever I want to myself." I said, "No, you can't even be mean to yourself, because Heavenly Father made you and when you say bad things about yourself it hurts his feelings. He thinks you're beautiful. And I helped to make you, so it hurts my feelings, too."

I thought about that all night and how much my self-talk must hurt Heavenly Father's feelings. It was a great epiphany for March Forth.

Later that night (last night), Addie and I went on a date (thanks, Granmda Rosalie, for filling in for the babysitter--you're the best) and we went to see Bridge to Terrabithia. We both cried and talked about it all the way home. Addie really liked it, and today she told me, "Using your imagination can help you to be nicer and have a good day, even be nice to bullies." Yep.

I also watched Marie Antoinette by myself Friday night. Fun and worthwhile, I thought. Two best things:
1. Kirsten Dunst always reminds me SO MUCH of Heidi Egan and I can't put my finger on why, but it's fun to watch her for that reason alone (especially in Bring It On, imagining Heidi as a competitive cheerleader...heh, heh).
2. Best moment of the movie (which has an 80's soundtrack): When the Cure's "Plainsong" just blasts after the wedding scene--exactly the right song for such a moment. LOVED it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the elders are always adding music to our computer and i just got through listening to a michael mc lean song called just a little bit --some kind of waltz, it is on playlist and i cant make it go back. first talks about all the little sins we justify but then talks about all the self depricating we say to and about ourselves that are just as bad. it is kind of an eyeopener. we hate sin but never realize our self put downs are in the same catagory, because God did make us and that makes us VERY worthwhile. I will remind Addie of this when I get home.

Anonymous said...

finally found it--it is called "Just a little bit longer--the shame on you waltz

Geo said...

What a good answer you gave to your wonderful girlie. Truth rules.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...