Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Painting

I hate painting with a passion, but I love redecorating (see last May?). In an ideal world, I go to the home improvement store to buy the paint, then pick up a painter on my way out of the parking lot! Or I make my little sister do it.

Anyway, when Heidi was sad a few weeks ago because her room was "not pretty" and painted with "boy colors", I sat down with her and a Benjamin Moore book and chose some new colors. Today I forced myself to gitter done...


Welcome to Heidi's Room...


She's our elephant/all things-animal-girl, so any decorating scheme has to include the pachyderms (this one was lovingly stitched by Gramma Becky).

BEFORE:
This is Heidi reading on her bed last week. Note the festive elephants, hung to distract her from the drab beige walls.

You can barely see the circus-ish duvet cover, which was our inspiration for the new room.

AFTER:



***

One of the things I have been meaning to do is make some art for her walls. I bought these canvasses at a Michael's sidewalk sale about 14 months ago, intending to make a jungle triptych.


I finally did it (with Addie's help) last night...

#1


#2


#3


Here they are all together...


We will probably hang them this way.


And we'll put the dear elephants back up, too.

***

Also,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MATTY!

We really miss you. Hope its been a great day!


5 comments:

Stephanie :) said...

I LOVE the art! I only dream of being that creative!

Lisa said...

Wow! The artwork turned out great! I always knew you had great taste, but I didn't realize you were such an artist!

Juliana said...

So cute!!! Good job mommy for giddin er done! :)

Jill Petersen said...

Everyithing looks great! I want to know how you did those canvas's. sorry I couldn't paint for you! I really want to paint here but only in a couple places because everything looks good. I love the green. You're right, it's perfect!

Jamie said...

Canvases + mod podge (and sponge brush) + scrapbook paper, tissue paper, magazine clippings, etc.+ more mod podge= fun, easy, personalized art!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...